Marketing your Virtual Assistant business is an ongoing process – you should be doing something every day (or at the very least, every other day) to get your business in front of the people you want to work with.
Because it can be hard to implement regular marketing – maybe you are still working at a corporate job, or maybe you are getting busy with client work – branding can be your friend!
Think about it. When you see companies who pay attention to their branding, you ‘notice’ their stuff more often, don’t know? I know I do!
Things like the McDonalds golden arches, the Nike swoosh, or the Pepsi colors – these are easily identifiable things that you notice – consciously or subconsciously.
Your business needs the same type of thing.
Now I’m not saying you have to work with a branding expert to come up with something like these iconic brands. But you have to pay attention to it from the very beginning.
Many of us use social media to do some marketing. Look over your pages, groups or profiles right now. Is there anything that stands out to you – something that people could identify your business by? If not, you probably need to put some attention towards your branding.
Here are three simple ways you can start to use your business branding work for you:
- Put your URL on images. If you are sharing images of any kind- motivational quotes, tips, resources, and that type of thing, make sure that you put your own URL on it (be cautious of sharing other people’s images, of course – you can’t just add your URL to their stuff). By adding your URL to things that you are posting, people can attribute it to you and they might visit your website if they like your advice.
- Use your colors and fonts in pages, posts, and images. There is a marketing brand that comes up in my Twitter and Instagram feeds often and their color is orange. It did not take long for me to realize that their awesome tips were all from the same account – and that’s what you want your audience to see. Great advice from a great source. Even if you are not married to your brand at this point, use it!
- Create or use hashtags for your business. Hashtags are still a very useful tool in social media especially. People are often in a hurry and instead of surfing they often search anymore. Create a hashtag for your business and use other popular ones for your service offerings so you will come up in those searches as well.
Branding is a big part of business, there is no question.
But you can start implementing small things like this even without a splashy brand or campaign.
Marketing is about being noticed by those people who are seeing your stuff. Things like words and colors and fonts and your website are easy things to put in front of them regularly. It’s called brand recognition, and it’s what you should be striving for with your marketing initiatives.
Just like the orange brand in my Twitter feed, you can get noticed very quickly when you have a polished look and a unified theme to your posts.
Tracey D’Aviero is a veteran VA and Founder of Your VA Mentor. Tracey trains and mentors professional women and men who are brand new to the VA industry or who have been struggling to make their business successful. Her mission is to educate professionals on how to build and grow successful and profitable virtual businesses in the VA industry by implementing systems and smart principles. Contact Tracey for speaking engagements, group training or private coaching at www.yourvamentor.com.
- Why You Hate Meetings and What You Can Do About It (Part 2 of 2) - November 9, 2020
- Why You Hate Meetings and What You Can Do About it (Part 1 of 2) - November 7, 2020
- Top 5 Trends in VA Software – Time Management, CRMs, Scheduling, & more - October 21, 2020