There are times in a small business owner’s life when they don’t have the time to handle the day-to-day duties that come with running their own business. It is at those times you may need one or more virtual assistants to lend a hand.
As your small business grows, you may need to add people to your team, in order to achieve your business goals. There is an increasing number of businesses that collaborate with one or more VA or freelancer to help them grow their business. This type of collaboration creates less risk and less turnover for businesses, and more flexibility for those providing the service.
Hiring one or more VAs could benefit you if any of these statements resonate with you:
- You spend most of your day handling administrative tasks rather than building your client base.
- You don’t feel the joy that your business once brought you.
- You go to sleep, many nights, with an unfinished to-do list (if you sleep at all).
- Your family ‘jokes’ that they never see you anymore.
- You are missing deadlines and, more importantly, your customer’s dissatisfaction is increasing.
- You are spending time on tasks that you don’t like or aren’t good at, and realize that someone else can do it better and/or quicker.
- You are not able to catch up on your work
- You have customers or clients in other time zones
Many business owners can relate to one, or all, of the items on the list above. The good news is there are professional VAs who can tackle those tasks (and more) and allow you to sleep with a more settled mind.
But needing a VA isn’t always enough. Following are some signs that you and your business are actually in a good position to hire one or more VAs:
- You have additional funds available to contract with a VA, without breaking the bank.
- You’re ready to let go (well, at least a little).
- You have systems and policies in place.
Having systems and policies in place will ensure that the VA knows exactly what is expected and that their work abides by your business’ standards.
- You understand what a VA can (and can’t) do for your business.
While a good VA (or two) can be a Godsend for your business, you still need to be available to provide direction, answer questions, and troubleshoot complicated situations.
So, if you are a business owner who is wondering how to fit more hours in a day, or you know you need help, but aren’t quite sure when or how to go about it, know that few business owners ever regret hiring a VA… especially when it’s done at the right time!
If you are ready and it is the right time for your business to hire one or more VAs, IVAA offers a FREE RFP system for you. Simply post your VA needs and our members will reply to you with a proposal. Click to learn about submitting an RFP.
Karen Kannegiesser is the owner of Lotus Business Resources LLC. She helps heart-centered entrepreneurs and small business owners who are frustrated by having to run their business manually, and who struggle with trying to scale their business. She works with her clients by automating their business processes and by handling their digital media strategy and management, which enables them to work ON their business, instead of IN it!” www.LotusBusinessResources.com